Friday, April 15, 2011

To post or not to post

So, a few weeks ago I went on a random road trip on my own. I woke up at 5AM and took off south. My trip led me to bishop's castle which you can read more about on wherepablo.com. Afterward I decided that I would stay in a hostel in Albuquerque, so I continued on my journey south. (bishops castle is about 20 min south of Pueblo, CO)

As I was driving I recalled reading somewhere that the painted desert allows for overnight backpacking, I figured that I if I can drive straight through with little stops I would make it with 15 minutes left to get my permit. So it was set, I made the decision and would drive a little of 4 hours straight to make it in time. So I get to the park center and realized that I made it with over an hour to spare...different time zone... silly me. I ended up putting on every article of clothing i had that night to survive the cold (i didn't plan on camping). I found a nook and fell asleep. I awoke to a cloudless night sky with a shooting star passing directly overhead. I this point I realized that I was more ill prepared then expected. I decided to make the trek back to my car to sleep that last hours to sunrise in a warmer place.

After waking up and shooting some pictures I had another choice, turn around and stay in Albuquerque or go a little further, check out the Grand Canyon. Obvious choice...Grand Canyon! I proceeded to drive through flagstaff and up to the grand canyon where along with a truly breathtaking view I was able to enjoy a beer and afterward, longboard on the highway outlining the south rim...

I started off again, destination: Moab, Utah. Driving up and toward home the storms began to chase me. I would outrun the snow and then get hit with rain and vice versa. I drove up through Moab and was wired off of some redbulls and Pretty Lights and decided to finish the drive home.

Everything was going smoothly until the Rocky Mountains... A blizzard ended up coming down on me. Its now about midnight and I find myself driving down the mountains at 25mph hoping that my car will make it successfully back home. As I'm driving, a white mustang two cars in front of me begins to slide and ends up pulling over. Myself along with the guy in front of me pull aside as well. In the mustang was a Mexican woman and her 9 year old daughter making a trek from California to visit some friends. Seeing that I was bilingual the other man left immediately. Luckily they were headed to Ft. Lupton which is on the way to my house. So over the next 2 hours I conversed with this nice lady from California.

Good deed done, I arrived back home safe and sound at around 3AM. Good trip... good trip...

So the question - To post or not to post. I have been dying to post more of the stories on wherespablo.com but am hesitant to do so. I started with Bishop's Castle and will continue but don't know if knocking out all of the stories in one week would be too much. I feel like one week increments will suffice and keep the readers more intrigued. I guess we'll see. til next time...

P.

No comments:

Post a Comment