Saturday, May 14, 2011

Old People Are Great

Ever since I was young I would found myself starting up conversations with older people. The reason I find myself drawn to them is because of their lives, stories and knowledge. I won't lie, sometimes they may be bitter and quiet and want to avoid people but even then I find myself wanting to talk to them.

I always want to know where they've been, what they've done and of course what secrets they have. We only live this life once...how have they lived theirs? What knowledge can they bestow upon me? Where have they gone wrong and what have they learned from it?

I've said it for a long time now...I want to live my life by grandpa stories. I don't want to just cruise through life, I want to take it on head first and experience everything that I can and learn everything that I can. With that mentality and drive I will have created so many memories and stories. One day I can sit my grandchildren on my lap and pull out stories left and write. I will hopefully be able to open up their minds and inspire them...

So, the reason this post came to be was due to the other night... I was shooting around (basketball) at one of the local outdoor courts like I usually am. The sun was coming down and very few people were left at the park. As I was shooting I notice an old man and old woman walking towards the courts... I ended up having a great conversation with them. Its amazing to see a cute old couple, happily together and still active : ). Always inspiring...

For a short story on the conversation that I had with them, go to Wherespablo.com. This will be the first addition to the Their Story section on the website. If you enjoy it, please subscribe to the site. I will continue to post stories about people that I encounter in my travels and adventures. Thanks

P.

No comments:

Post a Comment